– Shevington – Appley Bridge – Gathurst – Shevington Moor – Crooke Village – Shevington Vale-
Shevington Parish Council helps to make Shevington a better place to live by providing additional services and support to the local area.
How the Parish Council works
As one of only two Parish Councils in Wigan, we are proud to represent our community. Councillors are volunteers working alongside the parish clerk and the Parish Council:
- is consulted on planning issues
- decides how to spend the local precept in the area (around £16 a year for a Band B house)
- liaises with and supports local community groups
- communicates with residents before reporting back to the rest of the Parish Council
For a complete list of what the Parish Council does . . . click here.
We have another website. Click here to try it.
Read our latest news here!
We meet regularly to discuss maintaining our green spaces, providing litter bins, looking after pathways, organising Christmas decorations… and more!
As a community, we have been recognised as “Age-Friendly” as local groups and businesses become more accessible, inclusive and dementia-aware.
Community groups need your support to do their work – contact us to find out how you could volunteer or donate.
Want to make a complaint?
Click the button below to see our complaints procedure policy.
Get in touch
If you would like more information, email the parish clerk on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01257 473022 or send a message here: