– Shevington – Appley Bridge – Gathurst – Shevington Moor – Crooke Village –
Shevington Parish Council helps to make Shevington a better place to live by providing additional services and support to the local area.
How the Parish Council works
As one of only two Parish Councils in Wigan, we are proud to represent our community. Councillors are volunteers working alongside the parish clerk and the Parish Council:
- is consulted on planning issues
- decides how to spend the local precept in the area (around £16 a year for a Band B house)
- liaises with and supports local community groups
- communicates with residents before reporting back to the rest of the Parish Council
We meet regularly to discuss maintaining our green spaces, providing litter bins, looking after pathways, organising Christmas decorations… and more!
As a community, we have been recognised as “Age-Friendly” as local groups and businesses become more accessible, inclusive and dementia-aware.
Community groups need your support to do their work – contact us to find out how you could volunteer or donate.