The biggest event in the village’s calendar!
Shevington & District Community Fete takes place every summer – it has been running since 2011, and is a reincarnation of the famous Shevington Carnival of days gone by.
The fete committee work throughout the year to raise funds and organise activities including:
- children’s rides
- children’s entertainment
- stalls throughout the village centre
- community information
- sports and races
- food and drink stalls
- live entertainment
The fete takes place on the recreation ground (Church Lane/Gathurst Lane) and in the surrounding buildings – Shevington Methodist Church, St Annes Parish Rooms and Shevington Youth & Community Centre.
Postcode: WN6 8HA
Would you like to host a stall at the next Shevington Fete? Stalls cost from £10. This is a reduced rate for charities and not-for-profits.
NB: all stallholders must have valid public liability insurance at the time of the fete, and send proof to firstname.lastname@example.org
Become a volunteer
The fete is organised by volunteers and we are always looking for more people to join the team! We need people who can:
- help to spread the word about the fete on social media/by leafleting etc
- organise stall bookings
- liaise with the community
- help collect resources on the lead-up to the big day
- put up signage and bunting around the village
- help stallholders to unload/load their cars
- marshal on the car parks
- Meet and greet visitors and help them find their way around the site
- make tea/coffee and snacks in the kitchens
- lift chairs, tables etc
- litter pick towards the end of the day
To volunteer, please email: email@example.com
Shevington events from bygone days
Photos: John Leatherbarrow